Kanata Cowichan Sweaters

Kanata Cowichan Sweater
Kanata Cowichan Sweater
Kanata Cowichan Sweater
Kanata Cowichan

Another one of those North American brands (or at least seemingly North American) that is welcomed with open arms in Japan. Anyone know anything about this brand availability in these parts? Click images for links.

This entry was posted in Wearables. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

11 Comments

1. Posted December 10, 2010 at 6:56 am | Permalink

That’s crazy, there website is in Japanese and seems to have nothing to do with sweaters!?! I’m not aware of anywhere that sells this particular brand but if you google Cowichan sweater there are several websites selling the original Native hand knit, un-dyed wool versions. You could try emailing the company at sales@kanataknits.com if you really want the scoop.

2. Posted December 10, 2010 at 9:40 am | Permalink

Yeah I might just do that, thanks for the tip man.

3. Posted December 11, 2010 at 8:03 am | Permalink

Let me know if you find anything. Especially if they sell them anywhere in Ontario.

4. spm
    Posted December 12, 2010 at 10:36 am | Permalink
  5. D
    Posted December 14, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Permalink

Inventory did a post about Kanata Knits a while back, and one of the posters provided a phone number for the company in BC, copied here:

‘Telephone number of the company that make them is 604-273-3929, they are in Canada.’
    February 11, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterRachael

Good luck!
    Best,
    D

6. Rocco
    Posted December 19, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Permalink

I saw a brand new one on ebay here – pretty cool. Here’s a link.

7. Posted January 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Permalink
  8. Posted January 17, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

OH man, nice work, tons of gold in there!

9. Posted January 20, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Permalink

There print catalogue has way better pictures than the website if you can get a copy.

10. Kristy
    Posted September 8, 2011 at 11:15 am | Permalink

I have a store in Kenora, Ontario and I sell the Kanata Hand Knit Sweaters here. I have a lot to choose from. If you would like one please email me or call me at 807-468-3267. I will ship in Canada and International.

-Kristy, The Seasons Shop

11. constantine
    Posted February 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

I was at the factory yesterday and bought a bunch of stuff i even custom ordered a couple of way cool 50′s vintage sweaters